Gearing Arrangement: Worm Brand Name: EED
Input Speed: 1400 rpm Output Speed: 14 rpm to 186 rpm
Rated Power: 0.06 ~ 4KW Output Torque: 2.6-479N.M
Color: Blue/Silver or on request Origin: ZHangZhoug, China (Mainland)
Warranty: 1 Year Application: Industry
Supply Ability: 20000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Extra Service: OEM is welcome
QC System: ISO9001:2008
Packaging & Delivery
Package: Wooden box/Paper carton
Port: HangZhou/ZheJiang or on request
|TYPE||Worm Gear Speed Reducer/Worm Gearbox|
|MODEL||NMRV series size:571,030,040,050,063,075,090,110,130,150|
|COLOR||Blue(RAL5571)/Silver grey (RAL9571) or on your request|
|PACKING||Wooden box/Paper carton|
|USAGES||Foodstuffs, Ceramics, Packing, Chemicals, Pharmacy, Plastics, Paper-making, Machine-tools|
|IEC FLANGE||IEC standard flange or on request|
|LUBRICANT||Shell or Henry|
About CHINAMFG since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamping field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR, XDF, XDK, XDS have reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese products. We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ drawings or samples.
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, gear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling machines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and so on. We have advanced testing equipments as well.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw material, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
The most advantage of the speed reducer is the technique of cobber clad, which can enhance the occlusal force between the bronze and core wheel.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Transport Package:||Shrink Packing, Carton Packing|
Can a Worm Gearbox Be Used in Heavy-Duty Machinery?
Yes, a worm gearbox can be used in heavy-duty machinery and is often chosen for such applications due to its inherent characteristics and advantages:
- High Torque Transmission: Worm gearboxes are known for their ability to transmit high torque loads, making them suitable for heavy-duty machinery that requires significant power transmission.
- Load Distribution: The design of worm gears provides robust load distribution and excellent contact between the worm and worm wheel teeth. This enhances their load-carrying capacity, making them capable of handling heavy loads without premature wear or failure.
- Compact Design: Worm gearboxes are compact and offer high reduction ratios in a single stage. This allows for the reduction of high input speeds to lower output speeds, often required in heavy-duty machinery.
- Overload Protection: Worm gears have a natural self-locking feature, which means the gear cannot be easily back-driven by external forces. This feature provides inherent overload protection, preventing damage to the gearbox and machinery in cases of sudden load spikes.
- Smooth Operation: Worm gearboxes offer smooth and steady operation, which is crucial for heavy-duty machinery where precision and controlled movement are essential.
However, when considering the use of a worm gearbox in heavy-duty applications, it’s important to ensure proper engineering and sizing. The design should account for factors such as load, speed, duty cycle, lubrication, and temperature to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Overall, worm gearboxes are well-suited for heavy-duty machinery across various industries, including mining, construction, manufacturing, and more.
Does a Worm Reducer Require Frequent Maintenance?
Worm reducers generally require less frequent maintenance compared to some other types of gearboxes due to their design and operating characteristics. However, maintenance is still essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some key points to consider:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for worm gearboxes. Regularly check the lubricant level and quality to prevent wear and overheating. Lubricant should be changed as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Inspections: Periodically inspect the gearbox for signs of wear, damage, or oil leaks. Check for any unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in performance that could indicate a problem.
- Tightening and Alignment: Check and tighten any loose fasteners and ensure that the gearbox is properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Seal Maintenance: Inspect and maintain seals to prevent oil leakage and contaminants from entering the gearbox.
- Cleaning: Keep the gearbox clean from debris and contaminants that could affect its performance. Regular cleaning can prevent premature wear and damage.
- Load and Speed: Ensure that the gearbox is operating within its rated load and speed limits. Exceeding these limits can lead to accelerated wear and potential failure.
- Environmental Conditions: Consider the operating environment of the gearbox. Extreme temperatures, humidity, and other factors can impact the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
While worm gearboxes are known for their durability and self-locking feature, neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear, reduced efficiency, and potential breakdowns. Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance intervals and procedures is essential to keep the worm reducer in optimal condition.
Lubrication Requirements for a Worm Gearbox
Lubrication is crucial for maintaining the performance and longevity of a worm gearbox. Here are the key considerations for lubricating a worm gearbox:
- Type of Lubricant: Use a high-quality, high-viscosity lubricant specifically designed for worm gearboxes. Worm gearboxes require lubricants with additives that provide proper lubrication and prevent wear.
- Lubrication Interval: Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for lubrication intervals. Regularly check the gearbox’s temperature and oil condition to determine the optimal frequency of lubrication.
- Oil Level: Maintain the proper oil level to ensure effective lubrication. Too little oil can lead to insufficient lubrication, while too much oil can cause overheating and foaming.
- Lubrication Points: Identify all the lubrication points on the gearbox, including the worm and wheel gear surfaces. Apply the lubricant evenly to ensure complete coverage.
- Temperature: Consider the operating temperature of the gearbox. Some lubricants have temperature limits, and extreme temperatures can affect lubricant viscosity and performance.
- Cleanliness: Keep the gearbox and the surrounding area clean to prevent contaminants from entering the lubricant. Use proper filtration and seals to maintain a clean environment.
- Monitoring: Regularly monitor the gearbox’s temperature, noise level, and vibration to detect any signs of inadequate lubrication or other issues.
Proper lubrication will reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the worm gearbox. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for lubrication specifications and intervals.
editor by CX 2023-10-09