Planar dobule enveloping ring surface worm reducer is a new kind of transmission device, which has large bearing
capacity, high transmission efficiency, compact and reasonable structure.This reducer can be widely used in a variety
of transmission machinery deceleration drive, such as metallurgy, mining, hoisting, chemical industry, construction
rubber ship and other industries and other mechanical equipment, suitable for the input shaft speed is not more than
1500 RPM, the worm shaft can be positive, reverse direction rotation.
Xihu (West Lake) Dis.ng Transmission Equipment Co., Ltd. located HangZhou city, ZHangZhoug, as 1 professional manufacturer
and exporter of cycloidal pin wheel reducer,worm reducer, gear reducer, gearbox,AC motor and relative spare
parts, owns rich experience in this line for many years.
We are 1 direct factory, with advanced production equipment, the strong development team and producing
capacity to offer quality products for customers.
Our products widely served to various industries of Metallurgy, Chemicals, textile,medicine,wooden etc. Main
markets: China, Africa,Australia,Vietnam, Turkey,Japan, Korea, Philippines…
Welcome to ask us any questions, good offer always for you for long term business.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock.
Q: Can we buy 1 pc of each item for quality testing?
A: Yes, we are glad to accept trial order for quality testing.
Q:How to choose a gearbox which meets your requirement?
A:You can refer to our catalogue to choose the gearbox or we can help to choose when you provide
the technical information of required output torque, output speed and motor parameter etc.
Q: What information shall we give before placing a purchase order?
A:a) Type of the gearbox, ratio, input and output type, input flange, mounting position, and motor informationetc.
b) Housing color.
c) Purchase quantity.
d) Other special requirements.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Shape:||Worm Gear|
Can a Worm Gearbox be Used for High-Speed Applications?
Worm gearboxes are generally not recommended for high-speed applications due to their inherent design characteristics. Here’s why:
- Efficiency: Worm gearboxes tend to have lower efficiency compared to other gearbox types, which means they can generate more heat and experience more energy loss at high speeds.
- Heat Generation: The sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel in a worm gearbox can lead to significant friction and heat generation, especially at high speeds. This heat can cause thermal expansion, affecting the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
- Wear and Noise: High speeds can exacerbate wear and noise issues in worm gearboxes. Increased friction and wear can lead to faster degradation of components, resulting in reduced lifespan and increased maintenance needs.
- Backlash: Worm gearboxes may have higher backlash compared to other gearbox types, which can impact precision and accuracy in high-speed applications.
While worm gearboxes are more commonly used in applications requiring high torque and moderate speeds, they may not be the best choice for high-speed scenarios. If high-speed operation is a requirement, other gearbox types such as helical, spur, or planetary gearboxes are often better suited due to their higher efficiency, lower heat generation, and reduced wear at elevated speeds.
Diagnosing and Fixing Oil Leakage in a Worm Gearbox
Oil leakage in a worm gearbox can lead to reduced lubrication, increased friction, and potential damage to the gearbox components. Here’s a step-by-step process to diagnose and fix oil leakage:
- Inspect the Gearbox: Perform a visual inspection of the gearbox to identify the source of the leakage. Check for oil stains, wet spots, or oil pooling around the gearbox.
- Check Seals and Gaskets: Inspect the seals, gaskets, and O-rings for any signs of wear, cracks, or damage. These components are common points of leakage.
- Tighten Bolts and Fasteners: Ensure that all bolts, screws, and fasteners are properly tightened. Loose fasteners can create gaps that allow oil to escape.
- Replace Damaged Seals: If you find damaged seals or gaskets, replace them with new ones. Use seals that are compatible with the operating conditions and lubricant.
- Check Breather Vent: A clogged or malfunctioning breather vent can cause pressure buildup inside the gearbox, leading to leakage. Clean or replace the breather vent if necessary.
- Examine Shaft Seals: Check the shaft seals for wear or damage. If they’re worn out, replace them with seals of the appropriate size and material.
- Use Proper Lubricant: Ensure that you’re using the correct lubricant recommended for the gearbox. Using the wrong type of lubricant can cause leaks.
- Apply Sealants: In some cases, applying a suitable sealant to the joints and connections can help prevent leaks. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper application.
- Monitor Leakage: After addressing the issues, monitor the gearbox for any signs of continued leakage. If leakage persists, further investigation may be required.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a regular maintenance schedule that includes checking seals, gaskets, and other potential leakage points. Timely maintenance can prevent future leakage issues.
If you’re unsure about diagnosing or fixing oil leakage in a worm gearbox, consider consulting with a professional or gearbox manufacturer to ensure proper resolution.
Advantages of Using a Worm Reducer in Mechanical Systems
Worm reducers offer several advantages that make them suitable for various mechanical systems:
- High Gear Reduction Ratio: Worm gearboxes provide significant speed reduction, making them ideal for applications that require a high gear reduction ratio without the need for multiple gears.
- Compact Design: Worm reducers have a compact and space-saving design, allowing them to be used in applications with limited space.
- Self-Locking: Worm gearboxes exhibit self-locking properties, which means that the worm screw can prevent the worm wheel from reversing its motion. This is beneficial for applications where the gearbox needs to hold a load in place without external braking mechanisms.
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: Worm gearboxes operate with a sliding motion between the teeth, resulting in smoother and quieter operation compared to some other types of gearboxes.
- High Torque Transmission: Worm gearboxes can transmit high torque levels, making them suitable for applications that require powerful torque output.
- Heat Dissipation: The sliding action between the worm screw and the worm wheel contributes to heat dissipation, which can be advantageous in applications that generate heat during operation.
- Stable Performance: Worm reducers offer stable and reliable performance, making them suitable for continuous operation in various industrial and mechanical systems.
Despite these advantages, it’s important to note that worm gearboxes also have limitations, such as lower efficiency compared to other gear types due to the sliding motion and potential for higher heat generation. Therefore, selecting the appropriate type of gearbox depends on the specific requirements and constraints of the application.
editor by CX 2023-10-09