HDM De-clutchable wormgear offers simple and reliable manual positioning of the valves, dampers and other quarter-turn devices when overriding existing pneumatic, electric or hydraulic quarter-turn actuators. All unit are suitable for both indoor and outdoor installation. The modular design is to provide the most efficient and effective solution to a full range of manual overriding requirements.
Main Product features
To engage manual operation, first pull out the lock handle and then rotate the clutch lever in anti-clockwise direction until engagement takes place. To return to automatic mode, first pull out the lock handle and then rotate the clutch lever in clockwise.
Remark:The bottom center of the HDM-4 is either F10/F14 or F10/F12
|New Manual Override||Countershaft||Valve Connection||Actuator Connection|
|New Manual Override||A||B||ΦC||F||T||Y||H||S||K||Ratio||Rated Input||Rated Onput|
1. Question:What is your main products?
Answer:Our main products are Pneumatic Actuators, Electric Actuators, Actuated Valves And Valve actuators Accessories..
2. Question:Are you a trader or manufacturer ?
Answer: We are the pneumatic actuators and electric actuators manufacturer , we have ability to do the customization products with experienced team, And we have own factory and production line.
3. Question:How do your make the quality guarantee for actuators?
Answer:We have our own quality control system for incoming and outgoing of the materials, every product will be under controlled and tested before delivery to our customer , and we also provide 18 months guarantee ,beside we provide technical supporting .
4. Question:When can I receive the Price of valve actuators ?
Answer:We will give the Quotation Within 24 hours after we get your inquiry .Or Your can call or message us if it’s quite urgently.
5. Question:How to order our pneumatic actuators and electric actuators ?
Answer:Please send us your inquiry by Email, , etc. we need to know the following informations before giving the formal Quotation.
1) Product information in details, Quantity, Other requirements
2) Delivery time required
6. Question:How can I get a sample to check your quality?
Answer:Contact with our sales expert to arrange the sample delivery. Please send us the details of the sample before placing the order.
7. Question:Shall we pay the sample cost and transportation cost ?
Answer:We will provide the sample by free of charge. Your will bear the freight cost.
8. Question:How long to prepare the sample ?
Answer:Most of our products are under regular production and some of them we keep in stocks.
9. Question:How to delivery the sample to our place?
Answer:Your can provide your forwarders contacts if any, or we will arrange it for you.
10. Question:What about the delivery date if we place the formal order ?
Answer:Usually it takes 15~20days on the production .We know that on-time delivery is very crucial to our customers to meet dead-lines.
We monitor and expedite our supply chain to ensure that we delivery our products to our customers on-time all the time.
|Function:||Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing|
|Hardness:||Soft Tooth Surface|
|Installation:||Torque Arm Type|
Can a Worm Gearbox be Used for High-Speed Applications?
Worm gearboxes are generally not recommended for high-speed applications due to their inherent design characteristics. Here’s why:
- Efficiency: Worm gearboxes tend to have lower efficiency compared to other gearbox types, which means they can generate more heat and experience more energy loss at high speeds.
- Heat Generation: The sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel in a worm gearbox can lead to significant friction and heat generation, especially at high speeds. This heat can cause thermal expansion, affecting the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
- Wear and Noise: High speeds can exacerbate wear and noise issues in worm gearboxes. Increased friction and wear can lead to faster degradation of components, resulting in reduced lifespan and increased maintenance needs.
- Backlash: Worm gearboxes may have higher backlash compared to other gearbox types, which can impact precision and accuracy in high-speed applications.
While worm gearboxes are more commonly used in applications requiring high torque and moderate speeds, they may not be the best choice for high-speed scenarios. If high-speed operation is a requirement, other gearbox types such as helical, spur, or planetary gearboxes are often better suited due to their higher efficiency, lower heat generation, and reduced wear at elevated speeds.
Does a Worm Reducer Require Frequent Maintenance?
Worm reducers generally require less frequent maintenance compared to some other types of gearboxes due to their design and operating characteristics. However, maintenance is still essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some key points to consider:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for worm gearboxes. Regularly check the lubricant level and quality to prevent wear and overheating. Lubricant should be changed as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Inspections: Periodically inspect the gearbox for signs of wear, damage, or oil leaks. Check for any unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in performance that could indicate a problem.
- Tightening and Alignment: Check and tighten any loose fasteners and ensure that the gearbox is properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Seal Maintenance: Inspect and maintain seals to prevent oil leakage and contaminants from entering the gearbox.
- Cleaning: Keep the gearbox clean from debris and contaminants that could affect its performance. Regular cleaning can prevent premature wear and damage.
- Load and Speed: Ensure that the gearbox is operating within its rated load and speed limits. Exceeding these limits can lead to accelerated wear and potential failure.
- Environmental Conditions: Consider the operating environment of the gearbox. Extreme temperatures, humidity, and other factors can impact the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
While worm gearboxes are known for their durability and self-locking feature, neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear, reduced efficiency, and potential breakdowns. Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance intervals and procedures is essential to keep the worm reducer in optimal condition.
How Does a Worm Gearbox Compare to Other Types of Gearboxes?
Worm gearboxes offer unique advantages and characteristics that set them apart from other types of gearboxes. Here’s a comparison between worm gearboxes and some other common types:
- Helical Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have higher torque multiplication, making them suitable for heavy-load applications, while helical gearboxes are more efficient and offer smoother operation.
- Bevel Gearbox: Worm gearboxes are compact and can transmit motion at right angles, similar to bevel gearboxes, but worm gearboxes have self-locking capabilities.
- Planetary Gearbox: Worm gearboxes provide high torque output and are cost-effective for applications with high reduction ratios, whereas planetary gearboxes offer higher efficiency and can handle higher input speeds.
- Spur Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have better shock load resistance due to their sliding motion, while spur gearboxes are more efficient and suitable for lower torque applications.
- Cycloidal Gearbox: Cycloidal gearboxes have high shock load capacity and compact design, but worm gearboxes are more cost-effective and can handle higher reduction ratios.
While worm gearboxes have advantages such as high torque output, compact design, and self-locking capability, the choice between gearbox types depends on the specific requirements of the application, including torque, efficiency, speed, and space limitations.
editor by CX 2023-10-20